How about starting the day with snorkeling in Silfra, a freshwater fissure known to be one of the best diving spots in the world and then drive around beautiful Iceland? Then we recommend you the combination of Snorkeling and the Golden Circle tour.
You can choose whether you snorkel in a wetsuit or drysuit. The difference is that in a wetsuit you can dive underneath the surface and explore more of the wonders of Silfra. Adventure Vikings is the only company that offers wetsuit diving in Silfra so we really recommend you to try this, you won’t regret it. Silfra is a freshwater fissure about 60-63 meters where it is deepest. You will not need any experience in diving nor snorkeling.
After the snorkeling we will take you on the Golden Circle tour, which is the most popular tourist route in Iceland. We will start at the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Þingvellir, where Althing, was established around 930 and at Þingvellir the two continents, Europe and America, meet. We will also visit the geothermal active valley Haukadalur where among others the hot spring geysers Geysir and Strokkur are and check out the waterfall Gullfoss.
Join us at an adventure and book now
Price & availability
Price: 34.900 ISK (included in price is pick-up and drop-off at your hotel, guide and all necessary equipment for snorkeling)
From 1. April – 30. Sept: 8:00 – 8:15 and 11:30 – 11:45
From 1. Oct – 31. Oct: 9:00 – 9:15
From 1. Nov – 31. Jan: 9:30 – 9:45
From 1. Feb – 31. March: 9:00 – 9:15
Duration: 8-10 hours
Prerequisites for snorkeling:
- Be comfortable in water and be able to swim
- Be physically fit
- Have read, signed, and followed directions on the Silfra Snorkeling Medical Statement
- Sign our liability release form at the start of the tour
- Be at minimum 150cm (4’11) tall / maximum 200cm (6’7) tall
- Be at minimum 45kg (99 lbs) / maximum 120kg (264 lbs)
- Be minimum 16 years of age
- Not be pregnant
Minimum participants: 2 people (Contact us if you are travelling alone as we might already have a small group departing at your desired date).
Maximum participants: 8 per guide
What to bring
We will provide you with all necessary gear required for snorkeling. You will however have to bring:
- Clothes suited to dress under a drysuit such as long warm underwear or sweat suit, warm socks OR
- Clothes suited to dress under a wetsuit such as swimsuits
- Warm clothes to wear prior and after the snorkeling
- Snack or Lunch
- You can rent a GoPro camera by us
GoPro – 5900 ISK
Check out other snorkeling combination tours:
You can also rent snorkeling equipment from us if you are experienced snorkeler or diver