How about starting the day with snorkeling in Silfra, a freshwater fissure known to be one of the best diving spots in the world and then drive around beautiful Iceland? If so, we recommend you try out our Snorkeling and Golden Circle combo tour.
You can choose whether you snorkel in a wetsuit or drysuit.
In the wetsuit, you have the opportunity to dive underneath the surface to explore the wonders of Silfra up close. Adventure Vikings is the only tour operator offering wetsuit snorkeling in Silfra and we absolutely recommend you try it out – because even if you will be a little bit colder wearing a wetsuit – you won’t regret it.
Not sure which suit to choose? Take a look at our blog post wetsuit vs. drysuit to help you decide.
Silfra’s clarity is unlike anything else and a must-see here in Iceland. No experience with diving or snorkeling required.
After the snorkeling we will take you on the Golden Circle tour, which is the most popular tourist route in Iceland. We will start at the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Þingvellir, where Althing was established around 930, but Thingvellir is where the two continents, Europe and America, meet. During the Golden Circle tour we will also visit the geothermal active valley Haukadalur where among others, the hot spring geysers Geysir and Strokkur are located and also we’ll be checking out the waterfall Gullfoss.
Join us on this unforgettable adventure!
Price & availability
Price: 28.900 ISK
FREE Photos for snorkeling
Hot chocolate for snorkeling
All snorkeling equipment
Pick up and drop off
English speaking guide
From 1. March – 31. Okt: Pick up is between 7:45am and 8:15am
From 1. Nov – 28. February: Pick up is between 8:45am and 9:15am
Duration: 8 – 9 hours
Prerequisites for snorkeling:
- Be comfortable in water and be able to swim
- Be physically fit
- Have read, signed, and followed directions on the Silfra Snorkeling Medical Statement
- Sign our liability release form at the start of the tour
- Be at minimum 145cm (4’9) tall / maximum 200cm (6’7) tall
- Be at minimum 45kg (99 lbs) / maximum 120kg (264 lbs)
- Be minimum 14 years of age
- Not be pregnant
- Not wear glasses, so if you have a prescription mask, please bring it with you. If not, we advise you to get contact lenses before you join us for snorkeling.
Minimum participants: 2 people (contact us if you are traveling alone as we might already have a small group departing at your desired date).
Maximum participants: 8 per guide
What to bring
We will provide you with all necessary gear required for snorkeling. You will however have to bring:
- Clothes suited to dress under a drysuit such as long warm underwear or sweat suit, warm socks OR
- Clothes suited to dress under a wetsuit such as swimsuits
- Warm clothes to wear prior and after the snorkeling
- Snack or Lunch
- You can rent a GoPro camera by us
GoPro – 6900 kr ISK
Rent a GoPro and you will receive an SD card with your footage to take home straight after your tour.
Check out other snorkeling combination tours:
You can also rent snorkeling equipment from us if you are experienced snorkeler or diver