Join our small-group Stand up Paddleboard adventure on the magical 100km-long Snæfellsnes Peninsula in West-Iceland. This location truly has everything the diverse nature in Iceland has to offer, sparkling fjords, vast lava fields, wildlife, glistening glaciers, tons of black and golden beaches and friendly towns and villages.
Stand up Paddleboarding, or SUP, is an activity for everyone and there is no need for prior experience – we’ll teach you the ropes. This particular SUP tour is around 12 hours so it is a full day of adventures. If you are looking for a shorter SUP excursion check out our SUP into the Fjords and Midnight Sun, City SUP tours.
Your guide will be picking you up from your accommodation in Reykjavik and you’ll be driving through incredible nature with amazing views around Snæfellsjökull Glacier and stopping at various iconic places including Kirkjufellsfoss waterfall and the towns Stykkishólmur and Arnarstapi. See below for all location stops.
The Stand up Paddleboarding will take place at the renowned Kirkjufell which is most likely the most photographed mountain in Iceland. This SUP location is absolutely idyllic, with breathtaking views and picturesque landscape. Put this on your bucket list and come paddle out with us!
- Ytri Tunga
Price & availability
Price: 24.900 kr ISK
- Transportation – pick up & drop off
- Professional SUP guide
- SUP Introduction and training
- Red Paddle Co inflatable SUP board, paddles and all necessary safety gear
- Wetsuit or a drysuit depending on your preference
- Shoes and gloves
Departure: 8:00 am
Location: Snæfellsnes Peninsula
Duration: 12 hours
- Be comfortable in water and be able to swim
- Be physically fit
- Be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
- Be at minimum 145cm (4’9) tall / maximum 200cm (6’7) tall
- Be at minimum 45kg (99 lbs) / maximum 120kg (264 lbs)
- Be minimum 16 years of age
- Not be pregnant
Minimum participants: 2
Maximum participants: 8
What to bring
We will provide you with all necessary gear required for the SUP tour. You will however have to bring:
- Swimwear if you choose to wear a wetsuit
- Clothes suited to dress under a drysuit if you choose drysuit
- Warm clothes to wear prior and after the SUP tour
- Lunch or Snack (note that we will be stopping for lunch and in a shop to buy snacks)
- You can rent a GoPro camera from us
- Make sure that any electronic or valued items you bring with you are waterproof or in a waterproof case.
Booking terms – weather and sea conditions
Please note that SUP tours are highly dependent on weather and sea conditions. For your safety and comfort, we reserve the right to change or cancel departures – even with very short notice – should weather or other conditions change. In case of cancellations due to weather, customers shall receive a full refund or are able to reschedule the tour, depending on availability.