Snorkeling and Horseback Riding is a perfect combination for those who want to experience a great outdoor day in Iceland. You’ll enjoy snorkeling in the freshwater fissure Silfra, which is known to be one of the best dive sites in the world. And you will enjoy riding an Icelandic horse known for their five gaits.
This is a pure nature trip. You’ll be snorkeling in either wetsuit or drysuit all depending on your wishes. By wearing the wetsuit you will be able to dive underneath the surface of Silfra and we really recommend this choice rather than the drysuit as you will get more out of the tour instead of just floating on the surface. Silfra is a freshwater fissure, about 60-63 metres where it is deepest, you can almost see end to end as the water is so clear. Silfra is situated at the UNESCO World Heritage site, Thingvellir.
The horseback riding will take place at the friendly family run farm Laxnes where you’ll ride on the Icelandic horse which has five gaits. You will enjoy the Icelandic nature at the same time you are getting to know these small friendly horses.
This tour is operated in cooperation with Laxnes Horse Farm.
Price & availability
Price: 29.900 ISK
FREE Photos for snorkeling
Hot chocolate for snorkeling
All snorkeling equipment
All horseriding equipment
Pick up and drop off
National park fee
English speaking guide
From 1. March – 31. Oct: Pick up starts at 7:45am and is until 8:15am
From 1. Nov – 28 Feb: Pick up starts at 8:45am and is until 9:15am
Please note that this is the meeting time at Thingvellir, Silfra car park – Pick up from your hotel starts 75 minutes earlier.
If you do not require pick up, the meeting point is Silfra car park in Thingvellir National Park. Please park your car at “Thingvellir P5” and walk 400m back along the road until you reach a smaller car park with all the snorkel and dive vans, and look for your Adventure Vikings guide. Please be there, ready to meet your guide 5-10 minutes before your tour is due to begin.
For GPS: 64°15’23.5″N 21°6’58.6″W
Duration: Snorkel Tour between 09:00-13:00 and Horseback Riding between 14:00-16:00
Prerequisites for snorkeling:
- Be comfortable in water and be able to swim
- Be physically fit
- Have read, signed, and followed directions on the Silfra Snorkeling Medical Statement
- Sign our liability release form at the start of the tour
- Be at minimum 145cm (4’9) tall / maximum 200cm (6’7) tall
- Be at minimum 45kg (99 lbs) / maximum 120kg (264 lbs)
- Be minimum 14 years of age
- Not be pregnant
- Not wear glasses, so if you have a prescription mask, please bring it with you. If not, we advise you to get contact lenses before you join us for snorkeling.
Minimum participants: 1 person
Maximum participants: 8 per guide in horse riding and 6 per guide for snorkeling.
What to bring
We will provide you with all necessary gear required for snorkeling and horseback riding. You will however have to bring:
- Clothes suited to dress under a drysuit such as long warm underwear or sweat suit, warm socks OR
- Clothes suited to dress under a wetsuit such as swimsuits
- Warm clothes to wear prior and after the snorkeling
- Lunch or Snack
- You can rent a GoPro camera by us
GoPro – 6.900 kr ISK
Rent a GoPro and you will receive an SD card with your footage to take home straight after your snorkeling tour.
Check out other snorkeling combination tours:
You can also rent snorkeling equipment from us if you are experienced snorkeler or diver