Being on the water has to be the best possible way to spend your day, and we believe that doing it surrounded by stretches of mountains – in the middle of the Forgotten Fjord in Iceland – has got to be the ultimate SUP experience.
The SUP into the Forgotten Fjord tour takes you on a paddling journey into the wild and wonderful Fjord, Hvalfjodur. The Fjord is known for its unique beauty with canyons and waterfalls, including the tallest waterfall in Iceland, Glymur – but also has quite a fascinating, yet controversial history of whaling.
Yes, it might be a little colder here than the places people usually go to Stand-Up Paddle board, but the breathtaking scenery will make you forget all about that and focus on the majestic landscape and soothing sounds of the untouched, pure nature that Iceland has to offer. Plus, you’ll be wearing a wetsuit or a drysuit to protect you from the cold in case you fall into the water – or jump – your choice.
No fitness level is required for this tour and we tailor it to our participants depending on their level of experience. Stand-Up Paddle boarding truly is for everyone!
You simply must experience this wilderness adventure – Happy Paddling!
Price & availability
Price: 16.900 kr ISK
- Transportation – pick up & drop off
- English speaking guide
- SUP Introduction and training
- Red Paddle Co inflatable SUP board, paddles and all necessary safety gear
- Wetsuit or a drysuit depending on your preference
- Shoes and gloves
Departure: Pickup from Reykjavik between 8:00 and 8:15 am
Location: 1 hour from Reykjavik
Duration: 4,5 – 5,5 hours with pickup
- Be comfortable in water and be able to swim
- Be physically fit
- Be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
- Be at minimum 145cm (4’9) tall / maximum 200cm (6’7) tall
- Be at minimum 45kg (99 lbs) / maximum 120kg (264 lbs)
- Be minimum 14 years of age, please contact us regarding young participants
- Not be pregnant
Minimum participants: 2
Maximum participants: 8
What to bring
We will provide you with all necessary gear required for the SUP tour. You will however have to bring:
- Swimwear if you choose to wear a wetsuit
- Clothes suited to dress under a drysuit if you choose drysuit
- Warm clothes to wear prior and after the SUP tour
- Lunch or Snack
- You can rent a GoPro camera from us
- Make sure that any electronic or valued items you bring with you are waterproof or in a waterproof case.
Add ons :
Would you like to add a hiking trip to the Waterfall Glymur into this tour ? Send us a email on email@example.com and we will see if we can fit it in. Only available for the whole group. Contact us for a private tour.
Booking terms – weather and sea conditions
Please note that SUP tours are highly dependent on weather and sea conditions. For your safety and comfort, we reserve the right to change or cancel departures – even with very short notice – should weather or other conditions change. In case of cancellations due to weather, customers shall receive a full refund or are able to reschedule the tour, depending on availability.