Caving and Snorkeling
Combining caving and snorkeling gives you the ultra experience of Icelandic nature. You will explore the hidden world of the lava fields on foot and underwater.
The cave we will visit is called Leiðarendi. The 900 meter long lava tube offers unique rock formations, such as stalactites and shelves. Some light crawling may be required yet Leiðarendi cave has a rather easy access to the underworld wonders of the Icelandic lava fields.
You will snorkel under the UNESCO World Heritage site, Þingvellir national park at the freshwater fissure Silfra, one of the best diving site in the world.
Silfra is about 60-63 meter where it is deepest. Silfra is a freshwater fissure and you can almost see end to end as the water is so clear. No diving experience is needed as you will snorkel at the surface of the canyon. We provide all the gear that you need and offer snorkeling in wetsuit and drysuit all depending on your interest. Adventure Vikings is the only company in Iceland offering wetsuit snorkeling and we really recommend you to do that as you will get more freedom in your snorkeling experience.
Price: 38.990 ISK
FREE Photos for snorkeling
Hot chocolate for snorkeling
All snorkeling equipment
Helmet and headlight
Pick up and drop off
National park fee
English speaking guide
Pick up is from 7:30 – 8:00 am
Pick up is from 8:00 – 8:30 am
Duration: 6,5 – 7 hours
Prerequisites for caving and snorkeling:
- Be comfortable in water and be able to swim
- Must be physically fit
- Make sure to eat breakfast before this activity
- Have read, signed, and followed directions on the Silfra Snorkeling Medical Statement
- Sign our liability release form at the start of the tour
- 150cm (4’9) tall minimum / maximum 200cm (6’7) tall
- 50kg (99 lbs) minimum / maximum 120kg (264 lbs)
- Age limmit is 12 years of age
- Not be pregnant
- No glasses, so if you have a prescription mask, please bring it with you. If not, we advise you to get contact lenses before you join us for snorkeling.
Minimum participants: 2 people (Contact us if you are traveling alone as we might already have a small group departing at your desired date).
Maximum participants: 8 per guide
What to bring for caving and snorkeling
We will provide you with all necessary gear required for caving and snorkeling. You will however have to bring:
- Clothes suited to dress under a drysuit such as long warm underwear or sweat suit, warm socks OR
- Clothes suited to dress under a wetsuit such as swimsuits and a towel
- Woolen socks – two pairs, one to wear under the suit and one for after
- Warm clothes to wear prior and after the snorkeling
- Water Resistant outer layer as it can be wet inside the cave
- Lunch or Snack for in between tours – in some cases we have time to make a quick stop
- You can rent a GoPro camera by us
Rent a GoPro and you will receive an SD card with your footage to take home straight after your tour – make sure to notify your guide before the tour if you rent a GoPro!
Check out other caving combination tours: