In Iceland, we may not have palm trees, white beaches and warm seas, but we do have this raw, alien landscape, speckled with mountains and hot springs – and it is precisely this that takes your Stand-Up Paddle boarding experience in Iceland on a whole new level.
The dramatic scenery along with the tranquillity while you paddle out onto this glacial-water lake is the reason we’ve chosen Thingvallavatn as one of our main locations when it comes to SUP tours. The SUP on the biggest glacial lake in Iceland tour allows you to literally stand on Thingvallavatn, the largest natural lake in Iceland, covering 84 km2. Thingvallavatn is partially located in Thingvellir National Park of Iceland and from the lake you can see both the North American plate and the Eurasian plate as you are indeed standing in between the two tectonic plates.
Absolutely no fitness level is required and we make sure you get the best experience possible – wether you are a beginner or a pro. Join us on this unbelievably unique experience.
Price & availability
Price: 16.900 kr ISK
- Transportation – pick up & drop off
- English speaking guide
- SUP Introduction and training
- Red Paddle Co inflatable SUP board, paddles and all necessary safety gear
- Wetsuit or a drysuit depending on your preference
- Shoes and gloves
Departure: 9:00 am
Location: 1 hour from Reykjavik
Duration: 5 – 7 hours
- Be comfortable in water and be able to swim
- Be physically fit
- Be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
- Be at minimum 145cm (4’9) tall / maximum 200cm (6’7) tall
- Be at minimum 45kg (99 lbs) / maximum 120kg (264 lbs)
- Be minimum 14 years of age, please contact us regarding young participants
- Not be pregnant
Minimum participants: 2
Maximum participants: 8
What to bring
We will provide you with all necessary gear required for the SUP tour. You will however have to bring:
- Swimwear if you choose to wear a wetsuit
- Clothes suited to dress under a drysuit if you choose drysuit
- Warm clothes to wear prior and after the SUP tour
- Lunch or Snack
- You can rent a GoPro camera from us
- Make sure that any electronic or valued items you bring with you are waterproof or in a waterproof case.
Booking terms – weather and sea conditions
Please note that SUP tours are highly dependent on weather and sea conditions. For your safety and comfort, we reserve the right to change or cancel departures – even with very short notice – should weather or other conditions change. In case of cancellations due to weather, customers shall receive a full refund or are able to reschedule the tour, depending on availability.