Snorkeling and Horseback Riding is a perfect combination for those who want to experience a great outdoor day in Iceland. You’ll enjoy snorkeling in the freshwater fissure Silfra, which is known to be one of the best dive sites in the world. And you will enjoy riding an Icelandic horse known for their five gaits.
This is a pure nature trip. You’ll be snorkeling in either wetsuit or drysuit all depending on your wishes. By wearing the wetsuit you will be able to dive underneath the surface of Silfra and we really recommend this choice rather than the drysuit as you will get more out of the tour instead of just floating on the surface. Silfra is a freshwater fissure, about 60-63 metres where it is deepest, you can almost see end to end as the water is so clear. Silfra is situated at the UNESCO World Heritage site, Thingvellir.
The horseback riding will take place at the friendly family run farm Laxnes where you’ll ride on the Icelandic horse which has five gaits. You will enjoy the Icelandic nature at the same time you are getting to know these small friendly horses.
Price & availability
Price: 32.900 ISK (included in price is pick-up and drop-off at your hotel, guide and all necessary equipment for snorkeling and horseback riding).
Summer Departures: 8:30 to 8:45 am (from 1. April to 30. September)
Winter Departures: 9:30 to 9:45 am (from 1. October to 31. March)
Meeting time at the Information Center in Þingvellir National Park (https://goo.gl/maps/J2vLU) is approx. 45 min. – 1 hour later
Duration: Snorkel Tour between 09:00-13:00 and Horseback Riding between 14:00-16:00
Prerequisites for snorkeling:
- Be comfortable in water and be able to swim
- Be physically fit
- Have read, signed, and followed directions on the Silfra Snorkeling Medical Statement
- Sign our liability release form at the start of the tour
- Be at minimum 150cm (4’11) tall / maximum 200cm (6’7) tall
- Be at minimum 45kg (99 lbs) / maximum 120kg (264 lbs)
- Be minimum 16 years of age
- Not be pregnant
Minimum participants: 2 people (Contact us if you are traveling alone as we might already have a small group departing at your desired date).
Maximum participants: 8 per guide.
What to bring
We will provide you with all necessary gear required for snorkeling and horseback riding. You will however have to bring:
- Clothes suited to dress under a drysuit such as long warm underwear or sweat suit, warm socks OR
- Clothes suited to dress under a wetsuit such as swimsuits
- Warm clothes to wear prior and after the snorkeling
- Lunch or Snack
- You can rent a GoPro camera by us
GoPro – 5.900 ISK
Check out other snorkeling combination tours:
You can also rent snorkeling equipment from us if you are experienced snorkeler or diver