Combining snorkeling and caving gives you the ultra experience of Icelandic nature. You will explore the hidden world of the lava fields by foot by caving in the Blue Mountain area and visit the UNESCO World Heritage site, Þingvellir national park and snorkel the freshwater fissure Silfra, one of the best diving site in the world.
Silfra is a freshwater fissure about 60-63 meters where it is the deepest and you can almost see to end of it as the water is so clear. The water is so pristine it feels like flying. No diving experience is needed as you will snorkel at the surface of the canyon. We provide all the gear that you need and offer snorkeling in wetsuit and drysuit all dependant on your interest. We however recommend the wetsuit as you will feel more free and be able to dive as well, no diving license is required. Not sure which suit to choose? Take a look at our blog post wetsuit vs. drysuit to help you decide.
The cave we will visit is called Leiðarendi. The 900 meter long lava tube offers unique rock formations, such as stalactites and shelves. Some light crawling may be required yet Leiðarendi cave has a rather easy access to the underworld wonders of the Icelandic lava fields.
Price & availability
Price: 26.900 ISK (included in price is pick-up and drop-off at your hotel, guide and all necessary equipment for snorkeling and caving).
From 1. March – 31. Oct: Pickup is between 8:00 and 8:15am
From 1. Nov – 28 February: Pickup is between 9:00 and 9:15am
Duration: 6,5 – 7 hours
- Be comfortable in water and be able to swim
- Be physically fit
- Be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
- Have read, signed, and followed directions on the Silfra Snorkeling Medical Statement
- Sign our liability release form at the start of the tour
- Be at minimum 145cm (4’9) tall / maximum 200cm (6’7) tall
- Be at minimum 45kg (99 lbs) / maximum 120kg (264 lbs)
- Be minimum 14 years of age
- Not be pregnant
Minimum participants: 2 people (Contact us if you are traveling alone as we might already have a small group departing at your desired date).
Maximum participants: 6 per snorkeling guide and 8 per caving guide
What to bring
We will provide you with all necessary gear required for snorkeling and caving. You will however have to bring:
- Clothes suited to dress under a drysuit such as long warm underwear or sweat suit, warm socks OR
- Clothes suited to dress under a wetsuit such as swimsuits
- Warm clothes to wear prior and after the snorkeling
- Water Resistant outer layer as it can be wet inside the cave
- Lunch or Snack
- You can rent a GoPro camera from us
Rent a GoPro and you will receive an SD card with your footage to take home straight after your tour.
Check out other snorkeling combination tours:
You can also rent snorkeling equipment from us if you are an experienced snorkeler or diver