Silfra is one of the top dive sites in the world and situated in the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Thingvellir, only about 50 km from Reykjavik. Silfra is a freshwater fissure about 60-63 meter deep, where you can almost see end to end as the water is so clear. The water is so pristine it feels like flying.
By snorkeling in drysuit you will get protection from the cold water if the fissure as the drysuit is constructed from layers of insulating fabric. However, in the summer time, we always recommend you rather to take the wetsuit as you will have so much more fun. Adventure Vikings is the only Icelandic company that offers wetsuit snorkeling in Silfra and we can assure you that you won’t regret snorkeling in the wetsuit. Instead of just floating heavily on the surface like you do in a drysuit you will be able to dive into the fissure in the wetsuit. No diving experience or diving licence is needed.
Price & availability
Price: 16.900 ISK (included in price is guide and all necessary equipment for snorkeling) and 20.900 ISK (included in price is pick-up and drop-off at your hotel, guide and all necessary equipment for snorkeling).
From 1. April – 30. Sept: 9:00, 12:00 and 15:00 (Pick up starts an hour earlier)
From 1. Oct – 31. March : 10:00 and 13:00 (Pick up starts an hour earlier)
Please note that this is the meeting time at Information Center in Þingvellir National Park (https://goo.gl/maps/J2vLU) – Pick up from your hotel starts an hour earlier.
From 1. April – 30. Sept: 8:00 – 8:15 and 11:00 – 11:15
From 1. Oct – 31. Oct: 9:00 – 9:15 and 12:00 – 12:15
From 1. Nov – 31. Jan: 9:30 – 9:45 and 12:30 – 12:45
From 1. Feb – 31. March: 9:00 – 9:15 and 12:00 – 12:15
Meeting time at the Information Center in Þingvellir National Park (https://goo.gl/maps/J2vLU) is approx. 45 min. – 1 hour later then pickup time.
Duration: 4 – 5 hours
- Be comfortable in water and be able to swim
- Be physically fit
- Be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
- Have read, signed, and followed directions on the Silfra Snorkeling Medical Statement
- Sign our liability release form at the start of the tour
- Be at minimum 150cm (4’11) tall / maximum 200cm (6’7) tall
- Be at minimum 45kg (99 lbs) / maximum 120kg (264 lbs)
- Be minimum 16 years of age
- Not be pregnant
No minimum participants
Maximum participants: 6 people per guide
What to bring
We will provide you with all necessary gear required for snorkeling. You will however have to bring:
- Clothes suited to dress under a drysuit such as long warm underwear or sweat suit, warm socks
- Warm clothes to wear prior and after the snorkeling
- Lunch or Snack
- You can rent a GoPro camera by us